Capabilities and Data Sources: Babel Street says that its web-based platform, BabelX, can conduct cross-lingual searches for more than 200 languages and automatically translate posts to English. Babel Street also claims that BabelX can analyze sentiment in over 50 languages.
Babel Street states that its data sources include:
- Over 30 social media platforms.
- Proprietary third-party and customer datasets.
- Billions of blogs and message boards.
Known Clients: The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) had a demo with Babel Street in May 2016. In its correspondence with the LAPD, Babel Street stated that it worked with many U.S. law enforcement agencies and fusion centers.
News stories that include information about Babel Street clients:
- The Department of Homeland Security reportedly used Babel Street and evaluated its products as part of its System Assessment and Validation for Emergency Responders (SAVER) Program in July 2016.
- The FBI.
- The Department of Justice granted Babel Street a $500 million Blanket Purchase Agreement in 2019.
- The U.S. Military Operations Command.
- The Seattle Police Department held a two-month trial of Babel Street in 2016.