This page provides detailed information about all election reform legislation in the 109th, 110th, 111th and 112th (current) Congresses. It includes detailed bill summaries, including information about co-sponsors and related bills. Bills are also organized into easy-to-read tables by issue. There are also links to more detailed pages about select bills.
Legislation Introduced in the 112th Congress
Summary of Legislation Introduced in the 112th Congress
This downloadable PDF document contains comprehensive summaries of legislation related to voting and elections introduced in the 112th Congress. Links to Thomas are provided, where the full bill text, a list of co-sponsors, and information on a bill’s current status in Congress can be found. This document will be updated regularly. Please visit again for updates.
Follow the links below for information on legislation introduced during the 109th, 110th, 111th Congresses.
Click here to see legislation introduced in the 113th Congress.
Click here to see legislation introduced in the 111th Congress.
Click here to see legislation introduced in the 110th Congress.
Click here to see legislation introduced in the 109th Congress.
Webpages on Specific Issues and Bills
These websites provide detailed information on specific election issues and bills.
- Voter Empowerment Act – an omnibus voting bill introduced by Rep. John Lewis and Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand
- Voter Registration Modernization
- Democracy Restoration Act
- Veteran Voter Support Act (S. 3308 & H.R. 6625)
- Voter Confidence and Increased Accessibility Act (H.R. 811)
- Deceptive Practices and Voter Intimidation Prevention Act (S. 543 & H.R. 1281)
- Proposed Voter ID Amendment to Comprehensive Immigration Bill [PDF]
- Protect Voting Rights: Renew the VRA – website dedicated to the 2006 effort to renew the Voting Rights Act
- REAL Nightmare – website dedicated to educating the public on the impact of the REAL ID Act
- DC Vote – organization advocating for voting representation of DC residents in Congress