Midterm elections always matter — but in this divided era, as the country begins a redistricting cycle amid a wave of new laws that will make it harder for Americans to vote, the 2022 midterms will matter more than most. From the role of primary voters to the issues that will bring voters to the polls a year from now, hear early insight from some of the best in the business: Stephanie Cutter, political consultant and Founding Partner of Precision, and a veteran of both Obama campaigns and the Obama White House; Shailagh Murray, a former Washington Post political reporter who went on to serve as and as deputy chief of staff to Vice President Biden and President Obama’s senior advisor; journalist Walter Shapiro, who has covered 11 presidential campaigns; Alex Castellanos, founder of Purple Strategies, and served as a strategist for the Ryan-Romney and Bush-Cheney campaigns; and moderated by Bakari Sellers, CNN political analyst and former U.S. representative, South Carolina (D).
Produced in partnership with New York University's John Brademas Center
- Alex Castellanos, Founder and Chairman, Purple Strategies; Former Strategist, Romney-Ryan and Bush-Cheney Presidential Campaigns
- Stephanie Cutter, Founding Partner, Precision; Former Senior Advisor to President Barack Obama
- Shailagh Murray, Executive Vice President for Public Affairs, Columbia University; Former Senior Advisor to President Barack Obama; Former Deputy Chief of Staff and Communications Director, Vice President Joseph Biden
- Walter Shapiro, Fellow, Brennan Center for Justice; Journalist
- Moderator: Bakari Sellers, CNN Political Analyst; Former U.S. Representative, South Carolina (D)
The Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities. Requests for accommodations for events and services should be submitted at least two weeks if possible before the date of the accommodation need. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 646-925-8728 for assistance.