Sign our petition today to send a message to Congress. Americans deserve safe and secure elections — but time is running out. Congress must act now to pass adequate election security funding before it’s too late.
- Schiavo and Court-Stripping, 2005 Justice at Stake issues backgrounder
- "Court-Stripping: Unconscionable and Unconstitutional?," Slate magazine article by Judith Resnik
- "The Schiavo Tragedy and the Politics of Court-Stripping," American Constitutional Society blog by Bert Brandenburg
- "Judge Dread," Slate magazine article by Bert Brandenburg
- "Court Stripping and Limitations on Judicial Review of Immigration Cases," National Center for State Courts report
- "Constitutional Scholars Voice Grave Concerns at Court-Stripping Amendment," Brennan Center for Justice press release
- "Retired Federal Judges Urge Congress Not to Pass Court-Stripping Measure that would Deny Rights," Brennan Center for Justice: Press Release
- “Strip Search,” American Prospect commentary by Bert Brandenburg
- “Needles and Threats,” Slate article by Dahlia Lithwick
The views expressed on the Justice at Stake resource pages do not necessarily reflect those of the Brennan Center for Justice.
Stay up to date