Boyle believes he was unfairly targeted by the U.S. for his religious convictions and stance against the war. Both are violations of his First Amendment rights and the Religious Freedom Restoration Act.
Arguments will take place on Wednesday, February 27 at 11am before Judge Donald Pogue at the U.S. Court of International Trade, One Federal Plaza. Co-counsel in the case include Larry Lustberg of Gibbons, PC, Art Eisenberg of the New York Civil Liberties Union, and Ed Barocas of the ACLU of New Jersey.
Rev. Boyle’s attorney Jonathan Hafetz is available to comment about the case. Rev. Boyle can appear on camera, but because of the possibility of criminal prosecution, cannot discuss specifics about the case.
- Complaint (5/25/05)
- Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss or for Summary Judgment (8/25/2005)
- Plaintiff’s Opposition to Defendant’s Motion (10/10/2005)
- Reply in Support of Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss (11/28/2005)
- Reply in Further Support of Plaintiff’s Cross-Motion (12/15/2005)
- Supplemental in Further Support of Defendants’ Motion (11/16/2007)
- Supplemental in Further Opposition to Defendants’ Motion (11/16/2007)
- Plaintiff’s Supplemantal Reply in Further Opposition of Defendants’ Motion (11/28/2007)