New York, N.Y. - Russian operatives walked right through the cracks in our regulatory safeguards in the months leading up to the 2016 elections. The Brennan Center for Justice, sponsored by Sen. Klobuchar’s office, will hold a congressional briefing on Tuesday, May 29 at 12:30 p.m. to address the loopholes that allowed Russia to skirt the laws that have protected our elections for decades.
Getting Foreign Funds Out of America's Elections will feature experts exposing what Russia did and is still doing as the 2018 elections ramp up, as well as other threats to our country’s national security. The Brennan Center will outline the first comprehensive package of campaign finance reforms to prevent foreign powers from unduly influencing American elections through online ads and covert spending.
- Young Mie Kim, Ph.D., Professor, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Ann Ravel, Lecturer, University of California, Berkeley School of Law
- Laura Rosenberger, Senior Fellow and Director, Alliance for Securing Democracy, The German Marshall Fund of the United States
- Ian Vandewalker, Senior Counsel, Democracy Program, Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law
- Hill Briefing: Getting Foreign Funds out of America’s Elections
- Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 12:30PM
- Russell Senate Office Building, Room 485. Washington, D.C. 20002
Please direct all media inquiries to Beatriz Aldereguia at (646)292-8369 or firstname.lastname@example.org.