For decades, philanthropist George Soros has been dogged by conspiracy theories and disinformation. A new documentary from filmmaker Jesse Dylan shows how his opponents—from Glenn Beck to the Proud Boys—have leveraged racist, anti-Semitic tropes to smear not just Soros but those who’ve benefitted from his support for open societies globally. Now, with disinformation posing a direct threat to democracy, stemming the tide of lies has never been more crucial. Join the Brennan Center for Justice and PEN America for a conversation about truth, lies, and how to support open societies at a fractured historical moment. In advance of the conversation, participants will have a chance to watch for free the film Soros.
- Mark Malloch-Brown, President of the Open Society Foundations.
- Michael Waldman, President of the Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law; Author, The Fight to Vote
- Suzanne Nossel, Chief Executive Officer of PEN America; Author, Dare to Speak: Defending Free Speech for All
- Andre Banks, Founder and CEO, A/B Partners and Win Black
- Arisha Hatch, Vice President and Chief of Campaigns, Color Of Change
- Jesse Dylan, Director, Soros
The Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities. Requests for accommodations for events and services should be submitted at least two weeks if possible before the date of the accommodation need. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 646–925–8728 for assistance.