Voter Registration Modernization | Hearings & Legislation
Here the Brennan Center will post links to hearings and pending legislation as the 111th Congress introduces action on Voter Registration Modernization. Be sure to check in periodically.
Hearing on Voter Registration: Assessing Current Problems
March 11, 2009 | 10:00 am
U.S. Senate Committee on Rules and Administration | 301 Russell Building
- Mr. Stephen Ansolabehere, Professor, Department of Government, Harvard University
- Mr. Curtis Gans, Director, Center for the Study of the American Electorate
- Mr. Nathaniel Persily, Charles Keller Beekman Professor of Law and Political Science, Columbia Law School
- The Honorable Chris Nelson, Secretary of State State of South Dakota
- Ms. Kristen Clarke, Co-Director, Political Participation Group, NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc.
- Mr. Jonah H. Goldman, Director, National Campaign for Fair Elections Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
Statements Submitted for the Record